BeneSmart® Quick Start Guide
Benesyst is dedicated to providing tools to make open enrollment and benefits selection easy for you. Our online benefits portal is available 24/7. During your employer's Open Enrollment Period you may elect or change your benefits.
At any time, you can review your benefit and beneficiary information, access resource materials and (if permitted by your employer) process mid-year life events. Click here for a printable guide on accessing the online benefits portal and preparing for open enrollment.
From any computer with Internet access, simply go to: https://mybenesyst.net
- Under “I am a First Time User” click the “Register” button.
- You will be taken to the “Create Account” Screen.
- You will need to locate your record by using either: your Social Security Number (SSN) and zip code, or by using your employee ID, date of birth, and zip code.
- When you have entered your information, click “Search” (if you receive an error message, check to make sure you have correctly entered your social security number and zip code).
- Once your record has been located, you can create your personal Username and Password
- Choose your unique username and password. Please review the password guidelines on the right of the screen for criteria.
- Below your password, select a security question from the list beside "Select a question" and provide a response in the "Your Answer" box.
- If you need to reset your password at a later date, you will have to provide the exact answer to reset your password.
- Select your language preference and click the “Create Account”.
During your employer's designated open enrollment period, go to mybenesyst.net and either login to your account (returning users) or create a new account (first time users).
After logging in, you will see a new Open Enrollment option from your menu of options. Click Begin the Enrollment Process.
- First, gather necessary information prior to starting the enrollment process. This can include:
- To add a beneficiary, you will need your dependent(s) birth date(s) and SSN(s) as this will be required, even if you choose not to enroll your spouse and/or dependent(s).
- Your healthcare and child care expenses for the prior benefit year if you plan to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - this will give you an idea of the amount you may want to set aside for the current year.
- Proceed through the Open Enrollment feature and select your benefits elections.
- Click Save and Continue as you move through each step to save your progress.
- At the end of the process, a review page displays your benefit selections and their costs. Please review your elections carefully to confirm they are correct.
- Click the “Finish” button at the bottom of the review page to complete your enrollment.
- Incomplete enrollments will not be processed and newly elected coverages will not be valid.
Helpful Open Enrollment Hints
- Gather necessary information prior to starting the Open Enrollment process. This will save you time and effort as you navigate through each screen.
- Allow yourself 15-20 minutes to complete the enrollment process.
- Make note of your username and password. Store in a safe place.
- If you need to stop and return to your enrollment before completion, your information will be saved. You may log back into your account and proceed where you left off, at any time during your employer’s enrollment period.
- You may return to update or change your elections as many times as you wish during the designated open enrollment period.
- Benefit elections at the close of open enrollment are final unless you have a qualified life event.
- Save and print a copy of your benefits selections and costs for your records.
- Keep your elections up-to-date and report qualifying life events within 31 days of the event taking place. Contact your Human Resources department for a list of qualifying life events