Wellness Rewards Overview
Many employers offer a Wellness Rewards program to support health and wellness within the organization. Benesyst’s Wellness Rewards services are designed to keep your engaged and motivated to reach your health goals.
How successful are Wellness programs at supporting the bottom line?
A study conducted by Harris Interactive in October 2010reveals the following of the workers surveyed:
Survey conducted by Harris Interactive in October 2010 for the Principal Financial Well-Being Index, and reported in the February 22, 2011 edition of Employee Benefit News newsletter.
- 43% said they currently participate or would participate in a Wellness Program.
- 33% stated that reducing personal health care costs motivated them to participate.
- 31% stated that increasing the chance of living longer motivated them to participate.
- 53% acknowledged that they use weight management programs offered by their employers (a 25% increase over the previous year).
- 68% have developed personalized action plans for high-risk conditions, and 84% have been screened for high blood sugar.
- 48% credited wellness-based benefits for encouraging them to stay in their current employment situation, and 43% said the wellness program motivated them to work harder and perform better.
- 28% believed they missed fewer days of work as a direct result of participating in their employers wellness rewards program, and 38% attributed the wellness program to improved energy and productivity at work.